Aarushi case verdict: No conclusive evidence against the duo, says HC


Aarushi was found dead inside her room in the Talwars' Noida residence with her throat slit in May 2008.

With the acquittal, the central question in the freaky mystery resurfaces -- who killed the 14-year-old girl and the 45-year-old man.

The family, after the acquittal of Aarushi's parents on Thursday, expressed gratitude towards the judiciary for relieving the couple from the nine-year-long journey in the murder trial of their daughter Aarushi and said they are emotional drained after hearing the decision.

Former CBI Director A.P. Singh, who then headed the agency when it took over the case, said: "There were loopholes in our investigation and that is why we had closed the case saying it was inconclusive".

"The couple was very happy.they said that justice had been done to them finally, " said an official of the Dasna jail in Ghaziabad, where the couple were now lodged.

"However, it still pains me when I think about the precious years lost in prison and the emotional trauma that the parents had to go through, so much so that they couldn't even mourn their own daughter's demise". In an immediate reaction, Aarushi's grandfather BG Chitnis told Times Now that he always believed that Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar were innocent.

Former British prime minister 'raped an 11-year-old boy', police told
Heath's reputation should not be left in limbo, his former colleagues said. The alleged offences are said to have occurred when he was a serving MP.

He said the High Court verdict "does not say that the Talwars didn't do it" but that there was not enough evidence against them.

He said, "In a case of circumstantial evidence motive does not have extreme significance. Until there is conclusive evidence, which was not found in this case, the conviction can not be upheld".

The High Court acquitted Aarushi's parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar of all criminal charges.

On November 26, 2013, both were sentenced to life imprisonment by the CBI court. The verdict was given under tight security at the Allahabad High Court. The door of the terrace was found locked from inside.

In 2009, the CBI handed over the investigation to a new team, which recommended closing the case due to critical gaps in investigation.